Clothing Order Now In Progress Click Here For More Info
Follow Us On Twitter @BespokeRides for News and Updates
Your Bespoke Ride Featured This Month - See Announcements For More Details & Apply Now!
Support Your Club and Get Full Membership Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nurburgring 2011

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Full BR Member
I am organising a trip to germany to visit the world famous Nurburgring.
There is a event page on facebook and this is the message i have sent the guys that are attending.

"Right i need 110% definite's for the trip by the end of next month as i am going to book my accommodation soonish so if u want me to include you and save you the hassle of trying to get a room in the same hotel or book your own accommodation. I think this will save you and me lot of time.

Friday 1st july the latest check in for the tunnel is 0620 so if we get there at 0600 that will give us a chance to chill b4 the big drive. the train departs at 2250.
We will arrive in france @ 0825.

Mon 4th july leave middayish as the latest check in for the tunnel in france is at 2220 and we depart at 2250, arriving in the the uk @ 2225.

The total cost of train is £91 thats there and back.

Europian driving must haves:
certificate of ins
first aid kit
GB sticker if a no euro badge on plate
headlight converters
high viz
fire extinguisher
warning triangle
spare bulb kit.

i would advise getting euro brake down cover i know that RAC do it for a reasonable price.

Also the nurburgring has a noise limit of 95Db

1 lap is 24 euros
4 laps 89 euros
15 laps 310 euros

most insurence company's wont insure for the nurburgring!!

for accomodation we are looking at approx 100 euros for the duration

i have done some basic sums and the trip will set you back around £600 but my car drinks fuel so probably cost less maybe more depends.

i want definites lads and ladies no fucking around!! haha"

So if anybody wants to come let me know!!!! probably facebook is the best way to contact me as im not on here a lot because im on a four month tour.

2 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Full BR Member
allready done this on a bike so no from me ..
and you also need to think about geting your car back if you bin it and there is lots of people that do ..the day i did this 17 cars and 4 bikes bin'd it ... and it will scap a set of tyres

3 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

would love to come but dont you have to have a certain amount of years driving experience?

4 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeti Man
If only I could afford this Sad

5 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Lil Alix

Regular Poster
its my 21st on 2nd july so its a no from me x

6 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Shark Bait Hoo Ha Ha
I would love to do this, but hard to commit that amount of money atm sadly..

Nissan Silvia S14a "Project Learn 't' Drift"

7 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Full BR Member
Ye I have spent a month researching into all of this, and already got the tires in mind! Very Happy
But yes the sencible part of me knows when I'm pushing to far so I'm not going crazy! I will be putting my foot down though!
So yeah I'm spending my saved money on this as my holiday for the year!

8 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Anything to do with the ring see the

Did a weekend last year £99 for ferry, meals, camping.

He has done it for years and has lots of very good contacts all along the route to the ring, so if you breakdown on the way there, on the ring or on the way back he will know someone who can help.

9 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Not Staff
I'd love to go but i don't see the point in travelling to germany to find out my car is slow when i can go to bassets lol.

Plus I don't understand why the train departing at 2250 has anything to do with the 0620 check in and the france arrival of 0825??

10 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeti Man
I'd like to go for the road trip, there's alot of things I'd want to do suspension/brakes/tyres wise before I went on the ring!

11 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Not Staff
Jim wrote:I'd like to go for the road trip, there's alot of things I'd want to do suspension/brakes/tyres wise before I went on the ring!

Me too mate,

I'd want new bigger brakes.

New everything suspension-wise bar coilovers. Including polybushes all round. It's just not justifyable.

12 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Yeti Man
I'd want new shocks, and a JDM anti roll bar, 2 more T1R's, wishbone bushes, new pads for the back and dot 5.1 fluid..

Wouldn't cost massive amounts but you know..

13 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Full BR Member
i have a btm arm gone on the honda due tu to fckn pot holes

14 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Full BR Member
Nurburgring GmbH has announced that the following penalties will be applied this year ...

Overtaking on the right:
Report to the police, fine, 1-day ban

Aggressive driving, pressuring/dangering others:
1-day ban

Excessive speed at flagged points, endangering marshalls:
1-day ban, repeat offenders will be banned for the season

Deliberate off-roading, or failing to report dirt on the track:
1-day ban

Repeated offenses against the camera ban:
Season ban! Note that the ban forbids on-track stills as well as video.

Deliberate carrying on with a fluid leak:
Season ban, plus charges for cleaning and track closure time

15 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Full BR Member
Ring rules
This is a rough translation of the rules which used to be printed on the back of the tickets. Many thanks to Rob Semmeling for the translation (tidied up a little by me) and to Laurens de Jong for clarifying a couple of points.
See also the 2004 penalties page

The Nürburgring is made available for tourist drives on days when it is not being used for racing or testing. For these days, the following rules are to be obeyed. These are:

1 - Driving
1) Driving on the Nürburgring is only permitted using vehicles which comply with the law and which have a minimum speed of 40 km/h.

2) Every driver must own a valid drivers license and a valid ticket/permit issued by Nürbrurgring GmbH.

2 - Use of the Nürburgring
1) Joining and leaving the Nürburging is only allowed at the official entrances and exits.

2) The Nürburgring is a one-way road and marked as such. It is driven clockwise.

3) Vehicles must drive on the right, in particular when overtaken, on crests, in bends or in case of breakdown.

4) On the whole Nürburgring, including the grass next to the track, stopping is strictly forbidden. It is also forbidden to drive the wrong way on the track.

5) Vehicles which have to be recovered from the track must also be recovered in the correct direction.

6) The use of snow-chains and spiked tires is prohibited.

3 - Velocity
1) Regulations regarding speed, as defined under Art. 3, Sect. 1 of the German Highway Code, must be adhered to. Which Laurens tells us essentially says that you must be in full control of your vehicle whatever speed you're travelling at, a most sensible approach to traffic law - Ben

2) Racing is prohibited. This includes attempting to set speed records with individual vehicles.

3) The directions of safety cars and marshalls are to be followed. In particular, the signal for "no overtaking". I guess this means yellow flags - Ben

4) The speed limits in the start/finish-area have to obeyed by all visitors to the Nürburgring.

5) The places marked as "construction site" have to be driven slowly. The indicated speedlimits have to be followed. Presumably a reference to coned-off areas where armco repair, etc, is being undertaken. Also, when the T13 diversion is in place, there is usually a speed limit for that section. - Ben

4 - Liability and damage
1) Nurburgring GmbH shall have no liability whatsoever.

2) Accidents as well as any damage to the track, the verges, the fences, the crash barriers or any other Nürburgring property must be reported to the staff of the Nürburgring GmbH. The cost of repairing any damage and of any track closure must be paid by the person responsible. The cost per hour can be viewed on request.

5 - Other
1) Driving on the Steilstrecke and the sliproads ("rescue roads") is prohibited.

2) Filling up with fuel and oil is only allowed at the official fuelling points. The engine must be turned off when refueling, as well as when stationary at the start/finish.

3) The instructions of the staff of the Nürburgring must be followed.

4) Photo-, film-, and video-recordings are only allowed to be commercially distributed with written permission of the Nürburgring GmbH.Since this, a complete ban on photography and video filming on the track has been introduced, and in 2004 offenders will be banned - Ben

6 - Penalties
For breaking any of these rules, the offender is charged DM100 (one hundred Deutchmarks - about €50). Nürburgring GmbH has the right to ban the offender from using the track.

16 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Full BR Member
Accidents at the Ring are frequent, so the chances are that any regular visitor is going to either witness one or come across one that's just happened.

The big danger with a crash on the Ring, given all the high-speed blind bends and crests, is that either the crashed vehicle itself or someone who has stopped to help will then be hit by someone else (see my write-up of trip 6 for a description of one such accident). Please read these brief notes to help avoid that.

The first safety rule is don't stop unless you need to. The less chaos at the scene, the lower the chances of a follow-on crash. There are only two reasons to stop: to warn following traffic when a crash-scene isn't visible on approach, or to administer first-aid when someone is in urgent need.

If you need to stop, please do so with great care. Make sure you are past the accident and on the grass - never stop on the track itself unless totally unavoidable.

The first person to arrive should warn other traffic. Walk carefully back down the grass, making sure you are well clear of the track in case you cause another accident as people swerve to avoid you. Once in position, get behind the armco. Wave to traffic to slow it down (carrying a yellow flag or jacket is a good idea). Make sure you are well back from the accident, however: waving too vigorously too close to the crash could make matters worse by distracting drivers just when they need to be looking ahead.

The second person should call for help. The phone number of the office at the Start / Finish point is +49-2691-302215. (You'll need a mobile - the trackside huts are locked during public sessions.)
Most of the marshals speak little or no English, so some useful German phrases follow. All spelt as they sound, not as they are written, and you can click the links to hear them spoken:

Accident = Unfarl

Ambulance = Krankenvargen

Seriously hurt = Schver verletzt

Helicopter will be understood in English

Not hurt = Nicked verletzt

The third person to arrive goes to the aid of the casualty IF you can do so safely. If in doubt, get behind the armco and wait until the safety car arrives. Please don't risk being hit yourself.

17 Re: Nurburgring 2011 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Full BR Member
also give this a read

then get on you tube and your games console and start learning the map !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum